Newport frustrate Stevenage with last-minute equaliser in Sky Bet League Two opener
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage’s opening game of the new Sky Bet League Two season ended in frustration as they surrendered a 3-1 lead against Newport County in the last minute, drawing 3-3.
Tom Pett put Boro ahead as early as the 11th minute but Frank Nouble levelled things up 10 minutes into the second-half.
Parity lasted just six minutes as Dale Gorman slammed home a penalty, awarded after Luke Wilkinson had been brought down.
Danny Newton scored a debut goal on 71 minutes to put Stevenage 3-1 up but Micky Demetriou halved their advantage.
And Shawn McCoulsky pounced with 90 minutes on the clock to send Boro fans home disappointed and the teams with one point each.
You may also want to watch:
The result leaves Stevenage in 11th in the fledgling table.
Comet photographer Danny Loo was on hand to capture all the action from the opening day.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn