Newly elected Liberal Democrat councillor misspells Stevenage in Twitter bio
- Credit: Archant
A newly elected councillor has been criticised for misspelling the town he represents on social networking site Twitter.
Andy McGuinness, who was voted in for a seat on the Manor ward on Stevenage Borough Council last night, has referred to the town as ‘Stevanage’ in his Twitter biography.
People have taken to Twitter to point out the councillor’s spelling error.
@LeeODell84 posted: “Congratulations #Stevenage #Manor You’ve elected a councillor that misspells the name of the town in which he’s elected in his twitter bio”
@kaz_watts tweeted: “How can one be elected when you can’t correctly spell the name of the town in which you’re elected on your Twitter bio? #Labour #Stevenage”
When contacted by the Comet he said: “The lesson here is always check your spelling. Thank you to people for noticing my silly error. I am not a big tweeter so I haven’t looked at my profile for about two years.”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant