New Year’s message: Stephen McPartland
A NEW Year’s message from Stevenage MP Stephen McPartland.
“It HAS been a fantastic year for Stevenage and my favourite moment was welcoming the Queen to the Lister hospital to open the new maternity unit, closely followed by the arrival of the Olympic Torch.
“Stevenage continues to go from strength to strength and is helping to lead the country out of these difficult economic times.
“Unemployment continues to fall, more young people are in apprenticeships than ever before, the Da Vinci studio school has opened its doors and is specialising in Science and Engineering for 14-19 year old students. The newly built Nobel, Marriots and Lonsdale Schools will be officially opened in 2013 with other schools seeing extensions and refurbishments.
“In the last few weeks we have just secured more funding which is transforming the Lister hospital into one of the most advanced and modern facilities in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
“The next year will see lots of new buildings being constructed as part of the massive �280m government investment in infrastructure I have secured for our local schools, hospital, housing and jobs.
“There are plenty of challenges ahead but 2013 looks set to be another year of hope, ambition and achievement as we build on our success.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed