New Year’s Message: Oliver Heald
A NEW Year’s message from North East Herts MP Oliver Heald.
“I HOPE next year to see significant progress on the installation of the lifts at Letchworth railway station.
“Funding has now been secured from the Department of Transport for the installation of two passenger lifts. The chief executive of Network Rail, David Higgins, has assured me that the project should be completed by February, 2014.
“I also hope for a continuing fall in unemployment throughout the constituency in line with the latest employment statistics. I will continue to press for more help for small and mediumsized companies and for apprenticeships tailored to the needs of our local economy.
“We are fortunate to live in an area with low levels of crime and with the election of our Police and Crime Commissioner, David Lloyd, I hope this will continue and that he will make a visible police presence one of his highest priorities.
You may also want to watch:
“Finally, I hope there will be progress on the new Studio School in Letchworth Garden City, specialising in creative enterprises. The new school will offer 14-19 year olds the chance to obtain the practical, vocational and technical education they need.”
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term