New Year’s message: Cllr Sharon Taylor
A NEW Year’s message from leader of Stevenage Borough Council, Sharon Taylor.
“2013 has a lot to live up to because 2012 has been a remarkable year for Stevenage.
For so many people in our town, times are very tough at the moment and the unselfish acts of people in support of their neighbours, our voluntary organisations, our local community and our town are really heart-warming.
2012 also brought my new granddaughter Ella Rose, a cousin and ‘partner in mischief’ for Tommy and another reminder of the importance to all of us of our families.
I know that the spirit and heart of the town are strong in spite of the economic recession and that is a great foundation to build on.
You may also want to watch:
In the new year I hope the work we are doing with partners to build our economy will show results including a fresh plan for the town centre and I look forward to our first new council housing for over 20 years.
We will continue to try and create more opportunities for our young people to succeed, to have one in four of them unemployed is a dreadful waste.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed