New Year’s Day baby: Lucky number seven for couple
IT WAS lucky number seven for a couple when their son was born on New Year’s Day.
Katherine Silman and her partner Scott Webb saw in the new year at their Arlesey home before making their way to Lister Hospital at 5.30am for the birth of their seventh child – 10 days after the December 22 due date.
“All our babies have been late so we had a feeling,” said 30-year-old dad Scott, who lives with Katherine, 28, and their children in St John’s Road.
“We did the countdown at home and saw the new year in. Shortly after, she started having more regular contractions.”
Mum Katherine said: “It was either going to be a Christmas or new year baby and I’m glad it has happened this way, although I wasn’t expecting it to get all the way to New Year’s Day. It will be a big celebration for him each year.”
You may also want to watch:
The parents are yet to name the new arrival, who weighed 8lb 4oz, admitting that with their new son the sixth boy out of seven children, choosing a name won’t be easy.
“We’ve got a few options but haven’t decided yet,” added Katherine.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
The baby has already attracted plenty of interest from his six siblings, one-year-old sister Ella, and brothers Liam, three, Leo, four, Conner, nine, Morgan, 10, Brandon, and 12.