New Year Honours for people in Stevenage, Knebworth, Baldock, Hitchin and Lilley
MBEs were awarded to six people in Comet country in the New Year Honours List. One went to Janis Feely, the founder and project director of The Living Room in Stevenage, for services to disadvantaged people. The Living Room offers day treatments to people
MBEs were awarded to six people in Comet country in the New Year Honours List.
One went to Janis Feely, the founder and project director of The Living Room in Stevenage, for services to disadvantaged people.
The Living Room offers day treatments to people with addictions ranging from alcohol to drugs, eating disorders to gambling, shopping/spending to love and sex.
Another MBE went to Margaret Crennell from Knebworth who is senior assistant headteacher and head of learning support faculty at Marriotts School, Stevenage. It was awarded for services to special needs education.
You may also want to watch:
Judith Catterick from Baldock was awarded the MBE for services to music in Ashwell, Beryl Rowe got her award for services to the community in Lilley while MBEs went to Cathryn Ellsmore and Nigel Moore who are both from Hitchin and are Grade C1 at the Ministry of Defence.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair