New Stevenage skate park designs unveiled
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a new £125,000 skate park in Stevenage have been unveiled by the borough council.
Building of the new Hampson Park facility is hoped to be completed by the end of the summer and has been designed by Wheelscape, who specialise in bespoke skate park designs.
Local skaters picked the design out of a choice of three, and will be meeting again with the designers to finalise what will be included.
The plans for a skate park came out of a consultation held with young people from the town.
Councillors have allocated £125,000 from the New Homes Bonus Scheme, a Government grant given to the council, to pay for the project.
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage Borough Council leader, Sharon Taylor, said: “This is a great example of the council responding to requests from young people and doing all we can to provide facilities for them in town.
“This new skate park will offer opportunities for people of all ages to practice the sport as well as those thinking of taking it up.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 6 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Matthew Hewitt, general manager and owner of Wheelscape said: “We’re pleased to be a part of this project and look forward to starting work on the skate park.
“The next step for us is to meet the users and develop the design to meet their needs.”
The skate park design will be available to view at the council offices in Danestrete later this month.