New Stevenage charity shop 'largest in region'
A NEW charity shop, believed to be the largest in the region, has opened in Stevenage. The YMCA store on the former Lidl supermarket site in The Forum will primarily sell furniture and electrical items. Manager Brian Ward said: Although we have obtained
A NEW charity shop, believed to be the largest in the region, has opened in Stevenage.
The YMCA store on the former Lidl supermarket site in The Forum will primarily sell furniture and electrical items.
Manager Brian Ward said: "Although we have obtained just enough stock to open, we desperately need further items from residents and businesses to keep it replenished.
"Giving to our shop is an easy and simple way to support your local community. We are able to collect saleable furniture and working household electricals from people unable to bring them to the shop."
You may also want to watch:
All donated furniture must be clean and in a saleable condition, and upholstered furniture must have legal fire safety labelling.
Profits from the store will be used to fund community-based projects, as well as various projects across the UK.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
The store will open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 4pm on Sundays.
To arrange a collection call the donation line on 01707 351439 or email email@example.com