New Sandy skate school opens
- Credit: Archant
A new skate school has opened in Sandy with the support of the town council.
The Bedfordshire Skating School & Wheels Club officially opened on Saturday at the former Sandy Skate Park in Sunderland Road Recreation Ground.
The new club will provide all safety equipment for members, as well as skates and skateboards. Riders may bring scooters that are in good condition.
It is also seeking sponsorship from local businesses and organisations, and is looking for experienced riders who might be interested in coaching at the skate school.
A spokesman for Sandy Town Council said: “The council recently agreed to a longer lease for the land on which the skate park is located.
You may also want to watch:
“This was to help give the Sandy Skate Park Association a stronger case in getting funding from possible grant applications to improve the skate park.
“The council will continue to support the Sandy Skate Park Association in the future in any way it may be able.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair