New release date announced for The World’s End
- Credit: Archant
THE release date of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost’s eagerly-awaited movie The World’s End, which was filmed in Letchworth GC, has been bought forward.
Written by actor Simon Pegg and director Edgar Wright, the apocalyptic comedy was due to hit the screens in the UK on August 14, but this will be bought forward by a month to July 19.
The movie – the third and final part of Pegg and Wright’s ‘Three Flavours Cornetto’ or ‘Blood and Ice Cream’ trilogy, following box office smashes Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz – was shot on location in Letchworth GC last year.
The World’s End stars Pegg, as Gary King and sees five childhood friends reunite and try to attempt again an epic pub crawl through their home town of Newton Haven.
When they were teenagers, the gang only managed nine of the 12 pubs on the list.
The Goth-loving fortysomething is the one who drags his relucant pals on the 12-pub marathon, starting at The First Post and finishing at The World’s End.
But things don’t go as planned and the boys’ night out soon goes wrong.
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
As they attempt to reconcile the past and present, they realise the real struggle is for the future, not just theirs, but humankind’s.