New owners for Hitchin Priory
- Credit: Archant
A company which owns a historic hotel in Comet country has been sold.
Hitchin Priory, which was owned by the Chartridge Conference Company Ltd, was put on the market in July this year.
In a statement, Chartridge has announced that the company, which owns two other hotels and manages one other, has now been sold in its entirety to Vynett Ltd - a company related to Zetro Aerospace Corporation.
A spokesman for Chartridge said: “At our initial meeting with Vynett/Zetro management it was established their intention is a long-term interest in the company and its development, on the back of investment in our properties.”
The Grade I listed building, made up of 52 bedrooms and 17 conference rooms among other facilities, is set within 19 acres of grounds and hosts events including weddings and business meetings.
Hitchin town centre manager Keith Hoskins said: “We hope it means an opportunity for closer ties between The Priory and the local community – a chance to restore the links that existed some years ago, particularly with the business club.
“I don’t think there will be any great difference initially, but I’m sure the new owners will invest in the building and have their own ideas on how to develop the business.”
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 3 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 4 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 7 Invitation to Hitchin community garden party!
- 8 Our sporting stars celebrated with museum exhibition
- 9 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 10 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
The hotel is the former venue of music festival Rhythms of the World.
At the time of going to press, Vynett was not available for comment.