First ‘60s night raised more than £900 for Jackie’s Drop-in
- Credit: Archant
A new club has raised more than £900 for Jackie’s Drop-in centre in Letchworth after the first of many ‘60s nights.
The Ready Steady Go Club, set up by Gary Grindal, held its first event at the Four Emblems club in Letchowrth last month.
Gary told the Comet: “It was a great success with a large turnout. Everyone seemed to have a great evening dancing to all the great mods and ‘60s
tunes played by DJs Leon Hewitt, Darren Squires and myself.
“Importantly, the sale of tickets raised £940.”
Jackie’s Drop-in supports adults with disabilities in North Herts and Stevenage with the aim to tackle social isolation and hate crime.
Mods and fans of ‘60s music can get involved in the next Ready Steady Go Club night on Friday, February 15 at the CIU Club in Stevenage Old Town,
- 1 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 2 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 3 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 4 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 5 Stevenage PE teacher's charity run after leg amputation
- 6 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 7 Assault victim left with punctured lung after Hitchin 'scuffle'
- 8 Summer Sand pit opens in Stevenage
- 9 'Expect delays' during week-long gas works at Stevenage roundabout
- 10 Stevenage fundraising day in memory of much-loved Peter
Visit The Ready Steady Go Club Facebook page for more details.