First ‘60s night raised more than £900 for Jackie’s Drop-in
- Credit: Archant
A new club has raised more than £900 for Jackie’s Drop-in centre in Letchworth after the first of many ‘60s nights.
The Ready Steady Go Club, set up by Gary Grindal, held its first event at the Four Emblems club in Letchowrth last month.
Gary told the Comet: “It was a great success with a large turnout. Everyone seemed to have a great evening dancing to all the great mods and ‘60s
tunes played by DJs Leon Hewitt, Darren Squires and myself.
“Importantly, the sale of tickets raised £940.”
You may also want to watch:
Jackie’s Drop-in supports adults with disabilities in North Herts and Stevenage with the aim to tackle social isolation and hate crime.
Mods and fans of ‘60s music can get involved in the next Ready Steady Go Club night on Friday, February 15 at the CIU Club in Stevenage Old Town,
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
Visit The Ready Steady Go Club Facebook page for more details.