New manager for new-look town centre
BALDOCK has appointed its first town centre manager just as work on the enhancement scheme draws to a close. Nigel Cooke, who ran the Baldock and General Insurance Service company for over 20 years, aims to be holding extra events to try and encourage mor
BALDOCK has appointed its first town centre manager just as work on the enhancement scheme draws to a close.
Nigel Cooke, who ran the Baldock and General Insurance Service company for over 20 years, aims to be holding extra events to try and encourage more people into the town.
Mr Cooke, 49, who lives in Stotfold, also aims to keep everyone up to date with what is going on in the town.
"We will promote the town and the retailers any way we can," said Mr Cooke.
You may also want to watch:
"We have got some good shops and I want the businesses, the residents and the public to know what is going on.
"I think there is great potential. The town is open for business, the work is coming to an end and it is looking really good. It will be a new improved Baldock and we are looking to build on its strengths."
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
Mr Cooke added: "I've got connections in the town and I know lots of people.
"Baldock has never done anything collectively and now it needs to promote itself."
Cllr Tricia Gibbs, North Herts District Council's (NHDC) portfolio holder for community engagement, said: "It is extremely good news for Baldock that Nigel has taken up the post as town centre manager.
"I know he will be working with the businesses and residents to make the most of the opportunities that now present themselves in Baldock with the newly refurbished town centre."
Mr Cooke will be based at the Coach House in The Cloisters off Hitchin Street and will be working part-time for Baldock Town Centre Partnership which is funded by NHDC. He can be contacted on 07792 574175.