New ITV celebrity chef show comes to Hitchin
A CELEBRITY chef TV series that was launched this week has featured a town in Comet country.
Hitchin Priory, a 14th century building situated in Tilehouse Street, Hitchin, provided the backdrop for the second programme of new ITV show Ten Mile Menu, broadcast on Tuesday evening.
Ricky Groves, better known as Gary Hobbs from BBC1 soap EastEnders, has paired up with professional chef Galton Blackiston to front the show, in which celebrities and chefs are challenged to produce a three course meal, only by using ingredients sourced within a 10-mile radius of their location.
The decision to use Hitchin Priory was made after crew working on the programme stayed at the hotel and decided to recommended it to the series’ producer, as they were convinced it was the perfect place to introduce the show.
Galton Blackiston said: “This series is right up my street, I was in Hitchin a place I didn’t know and found wonderful watercress, long-horn beef and fantastic vegetables.”
You may also want to watch:
Ten Mile Menu is broadcast weekdays on ITV from 5pm to 6pm.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn