New initiative launched between hotel chain and Garden House Hospice
- Credit: Archant
A CHARITY and a leading hotel chain have joined forces to raise funds for a hospice.
Staff from the IBIS Central Stevenage and the Garden House Hospice, Letchworth GC, came together for a ribbon cutting ceremony to launch an initiative called Check Out For The Hospice.
The scheme, which is also being supported by LV= retirement solutions, Hitchin, asks guests if they would like to add a donation of £1 to their room bill on check out.
The Garden House Hospice has to raise in excess of £1m each year to provide care and support for patients and their loved ones.
The mayor and mayoress of Stevenage, John and Joan Lloyd, attended the event last Thursday for the ribbon cutting ceremony by Lance Haggith, who won unsung hero at the 2010 BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards.
You may also want to watch:
Tina Fletcher, corporate fundraiser for the Garden House Hospice, said: “On behalf of Garden House I would also like to say a huge thank you to our supporters for their hard work, dedication and commitment to this exciting initiative.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn