New Hitchin school uniform shop formally opens
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin’s new school uniform shop formally opened on Friday, following the closure of longtime outfitters Hawkins.
Beat School Uniforms had Hitchin and Harpenden MP Bim Afolami on hand for the opening of its third branch in Hitchin’s Hermitage Road.
Mr Afolami was joined by Priory School head Geraint Edwards, Hitchin Girls’ head Frances Manning and Hitchin Boys’ head Martin Brown – along with pupils from each school.
The Conservative MP told the Comet: “It is so important that we have a high-quality uniform shop in Hitchin, now Hawkins has sadly closed. I urge local parents – please do use it, and shop locally when you can.”
Beat School Uniforms’ Susie Benjamin said the company, which has been operating for 12 years from its Watford base, had been made to feel extremely welcome in Hitchin.
You may also want to watch:
“We pride ourselves on our caring personal service to more than 100 schools and sports clubs,” she said.
“We have been made so welcome in Hitchin and are delighted to provide a high street presence offering one-stop shopping for all uniform and sports needs, including shoes and sports boots and equipment.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
“We do everything. from hair accessories and stationery to a whole range of school and sporting bags currently for 10 primary schools and five senior schools locally but we are always happy to take on more schools.
“We love what we do and are always fully stocked so please pop along and visit us in Hermitage Road.”
To find out more, have a look at beatschooluniforms.co.uk.