New Hitchin school uniform shop formally opens
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin’s new school uniform shop formally opened on Friday, following the closure of longtime outfitters Hawkins.
Beat School Uniforms had Hitchin and Harpenden MP Bim Afolami on hand for the opening of its third branch in Hitchin’s Hermitage Road.
Mr Afolami was joined by Priory School head Geraint Edwards, Hitchin Girls’ head Frances Manning and Hitchin Boys’ head Martin Brown – along with pupils from each school.
The Conservative MP told the Comet: “It is so important that we have a high-quality uniform shop in Hitchin, now Hawkins has sadly closed. I urge local parents – please do use it, and shop locally when you can.”
Beat School Uniforms’ Susie Benjamin said the company, which has been operating for 12 years from its Watford base, had been made to feel extremely welcome in Hitchin.
“We pride ourselves on our caring personal service to more than 100 schools and sports clubs,” she said.
“We have been made so welcome in Hitchin and are delighted to provide a high street presence offering one-stop shopping for all uniform and sports needs, including shoes and sports boots and equipment.
- 1 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 2 'Grave concerns' over survival of hospitality businesses amid rising costs
- 3 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 4 Letchworth man found with 'cannabis and bread knife' in Hitchin
- 5 Hitchin crash causes 'long delays' on A602 Stevenage Road
- 6 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 7 National award for Hitchin property company
- 8 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 9 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 10 The Nickelodeon Experience brings kids' TV favourites to Knebworth House for immersive adventures
“We do everything. from hair accessories and stationery to a whole range of school and sporting bags currently for 10 primary schools and five senior schools locally but we are always happy to take on more schools.
“We love what we do and are always fully stocked so please pop along and visit us in Hermitage Road.”
To find out more, have a look at beatschooluniforms.co.uk.