New Hitchin restaurant to open at former nightclub
A FORMER Hitchin nighclub will get a new lease of life and a half a million pound refurbishment when it reopens as a new bar and restaurant this summer.
The old Remix Nightclub building in Hermitage Road has been bought by Anglian Country Inns, which owns other establishments in the area, including The Fox at Willian. The business is run by the Nye family, who have lived and grown up in the area.
The venue is due to undergo a �600,000 refurbishment and open later this summer.
“I am very excited about joining the family business,” said Howard Nye, who is returning from running restaurants in South Africa to head the business.
“I can see tremendous opportunity with the new site and can’t wait to put my experience to good use.”
You may also want to watch:
The building has remained unoccupied ever since the club was closed last summer.
Originally built for use as a ballroom, it has a varied history and has featured visits from the likes of supergroup Cream in the 1960s.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV