New Garden House Hospice Care store in Hitchin’s Churchgate
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth-based Garden House Hospice Care has opened its second charity shop in Hitchin due to the success of its first.
The new shop at Churchgate Shopping Centre was officially opened on Friday by the new Hitchin BID manager Tom Hardy and town centre manager Keith Hoskins.
Visitors were served up teas, coffee and cake, as well as having the chance to take part in a raffle, with volunteers on hand to talk about the hospice’s services, shops and what it is like to be a volunteer for GHHC.
Hitchin shop manager Paul Johnson said: “It is great to have our second shop in Hitchin now open and trading seven days a week.
“We have raised significant funds from our existing Hitchin shop, and have found that a ‘clearance’ shop model works well alongside our standard model shop. We hope that this will therefore prove popular in Hitchin.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to welcoming people to our new store.”
Go to ghhospicecare.org.uk/for more information.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed