New face in a Hitchin kitchen as Scott says his farewells
- Credit: Archant
A well-known farmhouse hotel and restaurant between Stevenage and Hitchin has said goodbye to a long-serving stalwart, and welcomed a new executive head chef.
Scott Liversedge gave more than 25 years service at Redcoats Farmhouse Hotel and Restaurant at Redcoats Green, but now Anthony Robinson is in charge of the kitchen.
Redcoats – which dates back to 1480 – was bought in 1916 by the grandfather of current owners Jackie Gainsford and brother Peter Butterfield. The duo are still very much involved in the business as they look to bring in outside support and expertise to help it grow further.
Scott said: “I’d like to say thank you to everyone I worked with in the past 26 years at Redcoats, especially to Jackie and Peter.
“It’s been quite a journey but ultimately a fantastic one. It’s time for me to move on and I wish all the team at Redcoats the very best for the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Redcoats has hosted countless weddings, christenings, anniversaries and other special occasions and is also known as one of the best places for afternoon tea in Hertfordshire. Anthony joins the farmouse from four star, 317 room establishment Dorsett Hotel in London’s busy Shepherds Bush
He said: “I’m really looking forward to getting stuck in at Redcoats.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“It’s got such a great history and it’s a fantastic opportunity to build on the quality and reputation developed by my predecessor, but with some new twists.
“I’ve a number of developments in mind but my first project will be afternoon tea which is something I have a particular passion for – I’m intending to take it to a whole new level.”
To find out more call 01438 729 500.