New Comet editor Nick Gill to open the Stevenage beer festival tonight!
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage’s second beer festival is set to throw open its doors to thirsty punters today from 5pm at Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre.
The event returns with 78 ales, ciders, craft and international beers for ale aficionados to sample. The honour of opening the festival has been given to the Comet’s very own Nick Gill. Beer lover Nick, was appointed as editor in January. He said: “Last year’s event was a great success and – to put it politely – everyone had a really good time. It won’t come as a surprise to anyone the Comet has been a keen supporter of the Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival each June, but it’s fantastic to have a winter event on our doorstep too. I’m sure becoming the editor will offer up plenty of challenges, but I was only too happy to accept the invitation to open this year’s Stevenage festival – and hope it will be the first of many.”
Festival organiser Jon Kirby added: “Thanks to Nick and the Comet for their support as ever.
“We were really pleased with how things went last year, and hoping that this year will be even better – we are all hoping for a really good weekend.”
Entry is £3 or free for Camra members.
You may also want to watch:
The event runs from 5pm to 11pm today, Thursday, and from 12 noon to 11pm on Friday and Saturday.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision