New chair and vice-chair for North Herts District Council
- Credit: Archant
A new chair and vice-chair of North Hertfordshire District Council have been appointed.
Cllr Terry Tyler will take up the role of chair, replacing Cllr Jean Green. Cllr Val Bryant will be the new vice-chair.
Cllr Tyler will hold the position for the next 12 months, and is set to announce the charities he will support during his tenure at the next council meeting on Thursday July, 9.
Cllr Tyler said: “I am delighted to represent North Hertfordshire District Council as chair.
“I would like to thank Cllr Jean Green for her hard work during her year in office and offer my congratulations for raising over £4,000 for her chosen charities.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Ruth Brown was announced as chair of the planning control committee and the other committee chairs remain unchanged.
The area committee chairs are due to be elected at the next council meeting in July.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine