New Boro loan signing once scored hat-trick against club’s reserves while on loan from Stoke at Luton Town
- Credit: Archant
Ryan Brunt joined Stevenage from Bristol Rovers this week
Graham Westley says he has kept an eye on the progress of new loan signing Ryan Brunt ever since the striker netted a hat-trick for Luton Town’s reserves against Stevenage in November 2011.
The forward, who was at the time on loan at Luton from Stoke City, joined Boro this week on a month long deal from Bristol Rovers and came off the bench on Saturday in the 1-1 draw with Morecambe.
Speaking about his new striker, Westley said: “You saw Brunty come on and hold the ball up well.
“He’s a big physical presence, he’s got a great left peg and he can get goals though his goalscoring record isn’t terrific.
You may also want to watch:
“The first time I ever saw him play was on loan at Luton. He came here and scored a hat-trick in the ressies for Luton, when he was at Stoke, and I’ve kept my eye on him ever since.
“He’s always made a big impression on me when I’ve watched him play and I’ve seen a lot of him. I’m excited to have him here and if we can get him fit and firing he could make a real difference.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go