New Barnardo’s children’s charity store set to open in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are being sought to support a new Barnardo’s store set to open in Stevenage in celebratory fashion at the end of August.
The children’s charity’s new shop is seeking more than 30 volunteers to work in all areas of the store including serving customers, sorting the stock and working on the till.
Barnardo’s helps support vulnerable children against abuse, exploitation and poverty and helps support young carers and families looking to adopt or foster children.
The shop at 67 Queensway will specialise in children’s clothes, toys, furniture, prams and buggies. This will be stocked alongside a range of ladieswear, menswear, accessories, electrical items and soft furnishings.
In addition, the store will also sell brand new items including greetings cards, classic sweets and a range of fashion accessories such as belts, socks, hats and bags.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Gibson, area Business manager for Barnardo’s said: “We’re excited to be looking ahead to the opening of our new store in Stevenage. We need to recruit lots of volunteers so if anyone is interested, even if they can only spare a couple of hours a week, then please do get in touch.
“We hope that the people of Stevenage will enjoy shopping at this latest addition to Queensway, which is more than double the size of some of our other local stores, and will help to raise further vital funds for vulnerable and disadvantaged children across the county.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
For more information about volunteering at the shop, please visit the website www.barnardos.org.uk/shop