Business hub becomes unlikely home for Herts’ artists
- Credit: Archant
A business and technology hub in Stevenage has become the unlikely venue for displaying Hertfordshire artists’ work over the last month.
The Business and Technology Centre (btc) in Bessemer Drive has been showcasing more than 100 pieces of art as part of an initiative to display artwork in a business environment.
The exhibition - which includes photography, oils, watercolour, acrylics, glasswork and textiles - is a joint venture between the btc and Herts Visual Arts, a volunteer run organisation that promotes Hertfordshire artists.
And a Stevenage artist, Jennifer Foulds, has already tasted success after having one of her pictures snapped up by one member of the business community.
Commenting on the joint collaboration, btc manager Jo Kiely said: "We've had the pleasure of hosting this wonderful artwork here created by local artists and it's great to be able to be a part of this. We've had many positive comments from the businesses based here and long may this collaboration continue.
You may also want to watch:
If you'd like to see the exhibition yourself, you can visit the btc at The Business & Technology Centre, Bessemer Drive, SG1 2DX.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?