Negotiations underway for Baldock Town Hall
NEGOTIATIONS are underway for a community group to take over a town hall.
The Baldock Town Hall Group (BTHG) and cabinet members for North Herts District Council (NHDC) met on Tuesday to discuss the lease for the facility which has stood empty for the past three years.
The hall is being taken over by community members from Baldock and the campaign group wants to use it for the arts, as well as for education and training purposes.
Cabinet members agreed to consider BTHG’s request for �120,000 to return the building to a good state of repair before it is transferred to the group.
Speaking after the meeting BHTG’s chairman Alison Gentle said: “It is excellent news and we can’t wait to resume negotiations and to re-address lease terms.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re still very much on track for a March start and we are hoping to hold an Edwardian evening in March. The grand opening will be in October.”
Cllr Terry Hone said he was keen for the council to support the group and get the project moving so they could meet the deadline.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 9 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'