Negotiations over hotel chain coming to Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A DEVELOPER is negotiating with a budget hotel chain to open in a town.
Whitebarn Developments said at Hitchin area committee on Tuesday it was in discussions with the unnamed chain to open a 60 bedroom hotel at the former Hitchin sorting office.
Whitebarn’s plans for the site also include residential and leisure facilities.
Illustrations were presented at the meeting, but councillors said they preferred an older scheme by the developer.
Speaking after the meeting, Mark Shadbolt, who gave the presentation, said: “Obviously, we are continuing our discussion with North Herts District Council, with local community groups and with councillors, and still hope to submit a planning application in the summer.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “They (councillors) seemed to prefer our original approach than our new scheme. Everyone has different ideas and people like different things.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed