Nativity plays showcase Christmas spirit
NATIVITY plays have been held up and down Comet country as children get in the Christmas spirit.
Year 2 pupils at Woolenwick Infant and Nursery School in Stevenage took part in their last nativity as they prepare to move up to the junior school next year.
Youngsters at Knebworth School sang along in their production of Away In a Manger as Maurice the mule, played by Jack Celen, was amazed to find a baby in his manger.
The three, four and five-year-olds were accompanied by Kate Garner on piano and Eric Williams on guitar.
Around 400 schoolchildren across the area have also been taking part in a Christmas journey organised by two Stevenage churches.
You may also want to watch:
St Peter’s Church and St Nicholas Church have both been welcoming pupils who took part in art and craft activities as well as watching actors perform the Christmas story.
“This is the first year we have put on such an event and the reception so far has been excellent both from teachers and children,” said Reverend Dave Brown from St Nicholas Church.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030