Mayor welcomes new addition to Stevenage town centre
- Credit: Archant
The largest vaping retailer in the UK opened its first store in Stevenage last month.
As part of its national growth plan, VPZ say the new shop has brought £50,000 worth of investment to Stevenage and has created five new jobs.
At the opening, Mayor Simon Speller said: "I was delighted to open the store. It's great to see a company investing significantly in our town."
The Stevenage branch, which is based in Queensway, became VPZ's 130th store in the UK, and is part of the company's goal to have 300 stores by 2021.
Doug Mutter, Director of VPZ spoke of his excitement on opening the store.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Each new store helps us to achieve a greater reach, providing us with a platform to educate people on the benefits of switching to vaping."
According to Public Health England, vaping poses a fraction of the risks associated with smoking. Also, e-cigarettes could be contributing to at least 20,000 successful new quits every year.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round