National survey released reveals Stevenage’s broadband speed
RESULTS of a national broadband speed survey have revealed that a Bedfordshire town has out-paced its Hertfordshire rival.
The survey, carried out by Top10.com, saw Stevenage record an average broadband speed of 5.82Mb, compared to Luton’s 6.21Mb average.
Nationally, the bragging rights go to East Central London with the fastest average speed of 9.06Mb, while the Welsh sea-side town of Llandudno was bottom of the table with 3.21Mb.
In terms of the fastest broadband provider, Virgin Media came top with an average speed of 11.32Mb.
To ensure accuracy, over 250,000 speed tests were carried out between April and June 2010, to calculate data for all UK postcodes.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Buttle, from Top10.com, said: “Our speed test data shows just how much broadband speeds vary depending where you live.
“Broadband speed depends on a variety of factors, including distance from nearest telephone, time of day and even the quality of your home’s wiring.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket