Mystery snake discovered in Stevenage shop
- Credit: Archant
A manager has been left shaken after discovering a snake in his shop today (Friday).
Lee Banks, 32, of Shephall, Stevenage, had opened the Stevenage Fireworks store, based in the Old Town, at approximately 12pm to check the post.
As he stepped onto the shop’s main floor, he discovered an as-yet-unidentified snake on the floor in front of him.
Mr Banks said: “It was such a shock. It really made me jump out of my skin. There was no immediate way of knowing if it was dangerous or poisonous so I just had to stand guard and make sure it didn’t leave the shop. I have no idea why someone would do this as a prank.”
He is now going through CCTV footage to establish if someone slipped the snake through the shop’s letterbox. Mr Banks has also contacted the RSPCA to deal with the animal.
You may also want to watch:
The snake is approximately 50cm long with black and orange spots.
Do you know what kind of snake this is? Contact the Comet on 01438 866200 or email email@example.com
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'