Mystery A1(M) motorway death in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed that a man died on the A1(M) motorway in Hatfield today, but have not clarified the circumstances.
The northbound carriageway through the Hatfield tunnel was closed, as were the junction 3 slips roads in both directions, and the road to The Galleria shopping centre.
A police spokesman said: “At 12.36pm today, police received a call from the ambulance service alerting them to a report of concern for welfare of a man near the hard shoulder of the A1(M) near Junction 3.
“The man was found to be seriously ill and was treated by paramedics. Sadly, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
“All roads have now reopened.”
You may also want to watch:
“The circumstances surrounding the incident are still being established but it is believed there are no suspicious circumstances at this stage.”
Police say the man did not arrive at the motorway hard shoulder in a vehicle.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go