Museum showcasing displays of community groups set to open in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A museum showcasing the displays of community groups free of charge is set to open with a celebration of St Christopher School’s centenary.
Following the success of the Herts at War exhibition in The Arcade, the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation will be using the same premises to house a run of displays from a range of groups and societies.
Following on from the Letchworth boarding school’s 100th year show – which kicks off on Thursday – there will be a Letchworth Local History Group exhibition in October and a two-week show for Letchworth Arts Society’s annual exhibition in November.
The Foundation will also use it to host their own exhibitions.
Foundation chief executive John Lewis said: “We’ve developed the space, but the content will be created by the community, supported by us.
“We’re looking forward to seeing everything from history to art displays, from schools, community groups and professionals.”
Community museum curator Josh Tidy said: “Following the success of the Herts at War exhibition over the last year, this space will continue to be a place for the people of Letchworth and beyond to enjoy.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 3 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 7 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 10 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
“This museum will provide flexible display spaces for a whole range of exhibitions, both professional and amateur, historic and contemporary.
“Already there is an exciting programme lined up, with history, art, photography and also a special Christmas display in December.”
If you would like to put on a display or exhibition, please contact Josh on 01462 476069.