Murder Trial Set to Start
FOUR men accused of murdering a traveller whose decapitated body was discovered slumped against a garage are set to go on trial today (Thursday).The headless and handless corpse of John Finney was found in Ickleford on March 14 last year.The 42-year-old
FOUR men accused of murdering a traveller whose decapitated body was discovered slumped against a garage are set to go on trial today (Thursday).
The headless and handless corpse of John Finney was found in Ickleford on March 14 last year.
The 42-year-old father-of-four had not been seen since disappearing from his Mitsubishi 4x4, near his home at Park Farm in Northaw Road West, two weeks earlier.
The four defendants are all accused of playing a part in Mr Finney's murder.
They are Mark Curran, 35, of Millbridge, Dollis Valley Way, Barnet; Norman Jones, 50, of Dukes Head Yard, Highgate; his son Joseph Jones, 24, of Crescent Road, New Barnet; and Garry Mark Lattimore, 40, of Bexleyheath.
The trial at St Albans Crown Court is expected to last for six weeks.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 5 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
For regular updates from the courtroom, log on to www.thecomet24.co.uk