Murder Trial Set to Start
FOUR men accused of murdering a traveller whose decapitated body was discovered slumped against a garage are set to go on trial today (Thursday).The headless and handless corpse of John Finney was found in Ickleford on March 14 last year.The 42-year-old
FOUR men accused of murdering a traveller whose decapitated body was discovered slumped against a garage are set to go on trial today (Thursday).
The headless and handless corpse of John Finney was found in Ickleford on March 14 last year.
The 42-year-old father-of-four had not been seen since disappearing from his Mitsubishi 4x4, near his home at Park Farm in Northaw Road West, two weeks earlier.
The four defendants are all accused of playing a part in Mr Finney's murder.
You may also want to watch:
They are Mark Curran, 35, of Millbridge, Dollis Valley Way, Barnet; Norman Jones, 50, of Dukes Head Yard, Highgate; his son Joseph Jones, 24, of Crescent Road, New Barnet; and Garry Mark Lattimore, 40, of Bexleyheath.
The trial at St Albans Crown Court is expected to last for six weeks.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
For regular updates from the courtroom, log on to www.thecomet24.co.uk