Murder Hunt Detectives wait for DNA tests on head found in field
DETECTIVES leading the investigation into the murder of a man after body parts were left at two country locations in Hertfordshire say they are awaiting DNA tests on a head found in Leicestershire to see whether it is linked to their inquiries. The head w
DETECTIVES leading the investigation into the murder of a man after body parts were left at two country locations in Hertfordshire say they are awaiting DNA tests on a head found in Leicestershire to see whether it is linked to their inquiries.
The head was found on Tuesday close to a cemetery. At the moment it is not known whether it belonged to a male or female.
Meanwhile detectives on the Beds and Herts serious crime unit continue their hunt to try and identify the man whose left leg was found at Cottered on Sunday, March 22, and right forearm was discovered by walkers last Sunday in a lane 20 miles away at Wheathampstead.
"We are talking with our colleagues in Leicestershire to see whether there is a link between the head discovered there and the body parts found here," said a Herts police spokesman.
"They hope to have DNA results of the head within a few days."
Herts police have ruled out any link between a foot found on a river bank at Deerhurst, Gloucestershire, last week with the body parts found in Hertfordshire.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 3 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 4 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 5 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 6 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 7 Invitation to Hitchin community garden party!
- 8 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 9 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 10 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
"It was a left foot and the left leg that was found at Cottered still had the left foot attached," said a police spokesman.