Mum thanks hospital which saved daughter’s life
- Credit: Archant
A MOTHER-of-two will take part in a triathlon with her five-year-old son to give back to the charity that saved her daughter’s life.
Jenny Hepton, from Walkern, will take on the three part challenge, which includes a 1500m swim, a 40k cycle and a 10k run, to raise funds for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity.
The 24-year-old wants to thank the staff who saved the life of her 14-month-old daughter, Jayla.
The youngster was born with antrioventricular canal defect – a congenital heart defect which causes holes in the heart.
Jenny said: “Great Ormond Street Hospital now plays a very big part in our lives. Without them our daughter wouldn’t be with us today. I am so grateful to the care given by the hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
Jenny will be joined on the day by son, Jacob, who will be taking part in the Scootathon.
The five-year-old will scoot 400m, bike 400m and run 250m.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
In preparation for the event, Jenny took part in The London Triathlon while Jacob has been practising at home.
“I’m so proud of Jacob for taking part. He loves his little sister and couldn’t wait to help,” said Jenny.
Jenny’s husband, Alex, and brother, Jack, have also raised more than £6,000 for the charity by taking part in events such as the Prudential RideLondon 100.
The family aims to reach a combined fundraising target of £10,000.
Jenny will take on the triathlon on Sunday around Woburn Abbey in Bedfordshire.
To sponsor her, visit www.justgiving.com/Jenny-Jacob
For information on how you can support Great Ormond Street Children’s Charity visit www.gosh.org