Mum stars in reality TV show
A MOTHER is cooking up a storm by appearing on a new reality cookery programme.
Emma Meads, 41, of Old Meadow, St Paul’s Walden will appear in an episode of Cookery School, a new reality programme on Channel Four to be shown on Monday.
Emma, who runs the Theatretrain Company, a performing arts school in Hitchin, found out about the show through her work.
She said: “After losing my husband, carrying on the business and bringing up my two children, I wanted to do something for myself.”
Fronted by chef and restaurateur Richard Corrigan and food writer and cook Gizzi Erskine, the hour-long programme will offer tuition in the art of home cooking.
“What was amazing was to be taught by a Michelin-starred chef, both Richard and Gizzi were brilliant mentors. I am hoping to get back into cooking for friends and family after learning some new skills,” Emma said.
Students ranging from basic to intermediate in ability will compete against each other for the right to remain in the school.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
Cookery School will be shown each Monday at 2.05pm.