Mum stars in reality TV show
A MOTHER is cooking up a storm by appearing on a new reality cookery programme.
Emma Meads, 41, of Old Meadow, St Paul’s Walden will appear in an episode of Cookery School, a new reality programme on Channel Four to be shown on Monday.
Emma, who runs the Theatretrain Company, a performing arts school in Hitchin, found out about the show through her work.
She said: “After losing my husband, carrying on the business and bringing up my two children, I wanted to do something for myself.”
Fronted by chef and restaurateur Richard Corrigan and food writer and cook Gizzi Erskine, the hour-long programme will offer tuition in the art of home cooking.
“What was amazing was to be taught by a Michelin-starred chef, both Richard and Gizzi were brilliant mentors. I am hoping to get back into cooking for friends and family after learning some new skills,” Emma said.
Students ranging from basic to intermediate in ability will compete against each other for the right to remain in the school.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 3 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 4 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 5 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 6 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 7 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 8 Our sporting stars celebrated with museum exhibition
- 9 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 10 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
Cookery School will be shown each Monday at 2.05pm.