Mum's the word for Hitchin and Stevenage social groups
TWO groups are looking to provide support and friendship for mothers.
Hitchin’s Local Mums’ Network was founded about a year ago, with Stevenage launching its Netmums group just one month ago.
The Hitchin group meets once a month, and despite being running for nearly a year, is now preparing for its official launch, which will be held on Friday at 7.30pm in the town hall. It coincides with a new website launch.
Amore Salon will be on hand to pamper, and there will also be the opportunity to browse stalls from local companies.
Founder Kelsie Woolass said: “Local Mums’ Network is a friendly, social and web based local community for mums.
You may also want to watch:
“The aim of the official launch is to bring together the group as an official body, offer membership and give mums an opportunity to meet up.
“Our ethos is very much about tying a ribbon around what already exists and operates locally, providing a hub of resources. We have discussed future groups such as a local dads’ network and local grandparents’ network. Who knows where we can take it.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 7 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
Stevenage’s Netmums, which held its first meeting last month, plans to meet up regularly, with events put on for those who want to see a friendly face.
Chairman Susie Wakefield said: “This is a really worthwhile cause. There are so many parents out there that may not have the courage to venture out and meet other people with children, and hopefully this may give them the little nudge they need.
“We are simply a local group wanting to raise awareness about what we are doing so that other parents in the area can come along and meet new people, and hopefully make new friends.”
For more information, email Susie at firstname.lastname@example.org and for Hitchin, visit www.localmumsnetwork.co.uk