Mum crossing Stevenage road with young son has foot run over by swerving car
- Credit: Archant
A mum crossing a Stevenage road with her young son had her foot run over by a swerving car, which narrowly missed the boy – and with an arrest made, police have today appealed for witnesses.
The incident happened between 11.40am and 11.50am on Monday, March 13, in Whitehorse Lane.
The victim, a woman described by police as in her 30s, was crossing the road with her young son when she saw a silver car heading towards her.
The car swerved and ran over her right foot before driving off at speed.
The woman was left with bruising and swelling on her ankle and foot. The boy was thankfully not injured.
Officers are particularly keen to speak to a woman who went to the victim’s aid afterwards, but did not leave contact details.
If you are that person, or you have any other information that could assist the investigation, call Herts police on 101, quoting crime reference E1/17/1984.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
An 18-year-old man from Baldock has been arrested on suspicion of taking a vehicle without the owner’s consent in connection with this incident, and has been bailed until April 15.