Teacher at Hitchin Girls’ School tragically dies
- Credit: Archant
A teacher at Hitchin Girls’ School has tragically passed away.
Head of music Barry Chambers died yesterday in what the school is describing as "sudden and unexpected news."
The news was sent out to parents and carers in a letter today.
Within the letter, headteacher Frances Manning writes: "It is with great sadness that I have to inform you that Mr Barry Chambers died yesterday.
"The thoughts and prayers of our whole school community are with Barry's wife, children, family, friends and colleagues at this sad and difficult time."
You may also want to watch:
Specialist support will be available at Hitchin Girls' School for the next few days.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine