MP Nadine Dorries gets votes she doesn’t want in I’m A Celebrity
MP Nadine Dorries began her stint on ITV1’s I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! on Sunday and has so far been voted to do two bushtucker trials.
The Mid-Bedfordshire Conservative flew out to Australia without informing her party, and was dramatically suspended by the chief whip, Sir George Young.
On arrival Down Under Ms Dorries told ITV1: “As an MP, people view us with suspicion and that’s why I’m doing this; to break that down. Everybody hates politicians, whereas everyone loves a celebrity.”
Ms Dorries was a member of the Snake Rock camp along with Hugo Taylor, Colin Baker, Ashley Roberts and Eric Bristow.
On Monday Ms Dorries competed against former Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan. The pair went head-to-head in a trial called Bug Burial.
Ms Dorries did better than her opponent by staying underground in a coffin for about four minutes while insects were thrown in.
However, neither walked away victorious resulting in both teams eating beans and rice for dinner.
- 1 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 2 Residents show 'strong support' for TK Maxx relocation plans
- 3 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
- 4 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 5 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 8 Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel until later due to 'incidents'
- 9 Captain uses his head but Stevenage make win over Rochdale harder than it should have been
- 10 Ford Focus and Vauxhall Insignia crash on A602 Stevenage Road
Yesterday (Tuesday) the politician was again voted by the public to take part in a bushtucker trial against Miss Flanagan, this time having to eat unappetising snacks.
The 55-year-old managed to win her challenge, and food for her camp.
Ms Dorries had to eat a baked spider before moving on to a camel toe. She also managed to eat an ostrich’s anus and swallowed a lamb’s testicle, but the MP failed to eat a fermented duck egg.
Coronation Street star Flanagan finished three of the five courses, which meant she failed to win any meals for her team.
Afterwards Ms Dorries admitted on the ITV1 show: “I feel sick as a dog.”
Snake Rock campers have now joined with members of Croc Creek, forming one big camp with David Haye, Brian Conley, Charlie Brooks, Helen Flanagan and Linda Robson.