MP is guest speaker for public meeting on future of housing in Ashwell
- Credit: Archant
An MP is the guest speaker for a public meeting on the future of housing in Ashwell.
The meeting – which takes place in Ashwell Primary School at 11am tomorrow – will focus on the impact of North Hertfordshire District Council’s draft Local Plan which sets out the number of houses to be built in the district between 2011-31.
Ashwell’s draft allocation contains 69 homes for the period, including 33 houses on land west of Claybush Road, and 28 homes which permission has already been granted for.
MP for North and East Herts Sir Oliver Heald will be speaking at the meeting, which was been organised by the Neighbourhood Plan Working Group of Ashwell Parish Council.
Sir Oliver said: “Obviously people have their objections to the proposals, but the important thing is that you don’t miss your opportunity to voice them through the consultation.
You may also want to watch:
“I think the main concern with the proposed houses on the Claybush Road site is the high visibility as it overlooks the village.
“Obviously building more houses will make the village of Ashwell bigger so there may be a concern there as well.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“The great thing about the consultation is that people can raise any concerns they have, and give any alternative options they might have as well.”
Ashwell Parish Council has begun the process of creating a Neighbourhood Plan which aims to influence the final interpretation of the Local Plan.
This Neighbourhood Plan aims to reflect the views of the village about the type of housing, facilities and character Ashwell should have.
The consultation period on the preferred options for the Local Plan will run until February 6.
For more information and to take part in the consultation visit www.north-herts.gov.uk/localplan.