North East Herts MP urges residents to ‘comply with government guidance’ on social distancing
- Credit: Archant
North East Hertfordshire MP Sir Oliver Heald has issued a clarion call to constituents, following concerns that some residents are ignoring the government’s guidance on social distancing.
Sir Oliver said: “I would like to thank all constituents for all they are doing to help the elderly and vulnerable through this difficult period with COVID-19. The number of volunteers has been wonderful and the Hertfordshire County Council Resilience Forum is co-ordinating well.
“The most important thing at present is for all of us to follow government guidance and particularly the distancing rules – so that we keep more than 2m apart. Many people are following this but we do need everyone to comply.
“It is not that hard, but I do hear from constituents that some people are not yet doing it. The government may have to take tougher measures still if all of us cannot follow the rules.”
Sir Oliver added: “We are all thinking of family and those we love at this difficult time. I would also like to thank our NHS and caring services and those in the public sector who are doing so much at personal sacrifice.
You may also want to watch:
“We are grateful to them all and to supermarket and store staff who are doing so much in the current crisis. I wish all constituents well and to keep safe over the coming weeks.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus