Shop Local: Hitchin MP Bim backs Comet campaign
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Hitchin MP Bim Afolami has given his support to the Comet’s #ShopLocal campaign.
The campaign is a plea to shoppers to consider independent traders and businesses this Christmas and beyond.
Bim says protecting local high streets and small businesses in his constituency is one of his main priorities.
At the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, he helped to develop a way in which local authorities across the country could support local businesses who had fallen between the cracks of the government’s schemes of support.
Mr Afolami has also been visiting Hitchin High Street and speaking to local businesses about what they are facing during this challenging time.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “I welcome the Comet’s #ShopLocal campaign to encourage shopping in local independent retailers. In Hitchin, we are lucky to have so many fantastic local businesses, it is important that we continue to support these now more than ever. They are the lifeblood of our communities and I urge shoppers to consider these independent traders and businesses when they reopen, to bolster our beloved High Streets.”
He urged local business owners to fill out his survey so that he could take the message to local Government at www.bimafolami.co.uk/business-survey.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style