MP Barbara receives "Bin Laden" hate mail
A HATE message claiming to be from terror chief Osama Bin Laden has been received by MP Barbara Follett at her Old Knebworth home. Police are investigating the call to the culture minister s home she shares with author husband Ken.A report in a national
A HATE message claiming to be from terror chief Osama Bin Laden has been received by MP Barbara Follett at her Old Knebworth home.
Police are investigating the call to the culture minister's home she shares with author husband Ken.
A report in a national newspaper today (Friday) stated the message contained obscene language and said: "My name is Osama Bin Laden. I want the British National Party in, not you."
Mrs Follett, whose Stevenage constituency includes Knebworth and Codicote, was today remaining silent on the issue.
You may also want to watch:
However, a Herts Police spokesman said: "We are investigating reports of malicious communications received at an address near Knebworth. Police were called just after noon on Monday, November 10. At this time enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 3 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 6 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 7 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 8 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 9 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals