MID Beds District Council will be moving into Priory House, its new offices at Chicksands, during the first week of August. The move will be staggered to minimise disruption of services to local people. The building opens to the public on Monday, August 7
MID Beds District Council will be moving into Priory House, its new offices at Chicksands, during the first week of August.
The move will be staggered to minimise disruption of services to local people. The building opens to the public on Monday, August 7.
The council says that during the move it might take staff a little longer than normal to respond to enquiries but people will still be able to contact the council on 08452 304040, call into the Citizone Points of Presence in Woburn Street, Ampthill, or Saffron Road, Biggleswade, and visit its website at www.midbeds.gov.uk Emails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
To make the move to Chicksands easier for customers the council has changed its direct dial telephone numbers from localised 01525 and 01767 codes to the non-geographic code 08458 495. A Biggleswade number like 01767 602 345 becomes 08458 495 345.
You may also want to watch:
Work began early in 2005 on the £15m project to replace Mid Beds District Council's ageing offices in Ampthill and Biggleswade with a new building which would save repair and refurbishment costs, be more environmentally friendly and accessible and bring offices together on one site for the first time.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision