Movie piracy rife in Cineworld, Stevenage
HALF of all pirated films in the UK come from Cineworld in Stevenage. The shocking revelation came to light when the cinema was dropped from a national newspaper s list of those offering film previews. Al Alvarez, Cineworld s vice president, wrote in an e
HALF of all pirated films in the UK come from Cineworld in Stevenage.
The shocking revelation came to light when the cinema was dropped from a national newspaper's list of those offering film previews.
Al Alvarez, Cineworld's vice president, wrote in an email to a concerned customer: "Stevenage was pulled out of these [preview screening] when the film distributors refused to give us advanced prints due to film piracy concerns.
He said: "Fifty per cent of all pirated films in the UK come from Cineworld Stevenage, hence our active search procedures at that site."
You may also want to watch:
A Cineworld spokesman said: "In order for Cineworld to continue to show new release films and early preview screenings at Cineworld Stevenage, an undertaking has had to be made
to the film distributors, that every effort will be taken to combat film and video piracy in the UK."
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
A spokesman for FACT (The Federation Against Copyright Theft) refused to comment.