Moves to make town hall into district museum
PLANS to convert a town hall into a museum to hold North Herts collection will be discussed at two special meetings next week. North Herts District Council is holding the meetings at Hitchin Town Hall to discuss whether it could become the venue for th
PLANS to convert a town hall into a museum to hold North Herts' collection will be discussed at two special meetings next week.
North Herts District Council is holding the meetings at Hitchin Town Hall to discuss whether it could become the venue for the collections of the current Hitchin and Letchworth museums.
The council intend to replace the two existing museums with one museum.
Tricia Gibbs, portfolio holder for community engagement, said: "I am looking forward to making progress on creating a new museum for North Herts. Too much of our fascinating heritage lies hidden in our storeroom because we haven't got the display space in the two present museums. The new facility will mean the museums service will have much more to offer the community, young and old alike."
You may also want to watch:
The scrutiny committee will meet at 7.30pm on Monday and the cabinet at 8pm on Tuesday. Members of the public are welcome to attend both meetings.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther