Mousinho to consider staying at Stevenage - if the right offer comes along
- Credit: Archant
On-loan midfielder’s contract with Preston North End comes to an end in July
John Mousinho says he would consider staying at Stevenage next season.
The midfielder’s two-year deal at Preston North End is up at the end of July, and speaking about his future the former Wycombe Wanderers man said that although he has yet to make up his mind on where he will be playing next season, Stevenage could be an option.
“I’d certainly consider staying if the offer came along, depending on what it is,” Mousinho said.
“You never know, it’s just speculation at the minute. Obviously I think I’ve got a pretty good affinity with the fans that welcomed me back brilliantly for the last three months and it’s just a shame that the season finished in relegation.
You may also want to watch:
“I think now the season’s finished it’ll be a lot clearer in terms of where I’ll go. I honestly haven’t a clue what’s going to happen next year with any club.
“I don’t think Stevenage know what they’re going to do with their budget and their playing staff yet which is fair enough and I think the same applies for a lot of clubs.
- 1 Stevenage man sentenced for racist assault and criminal damage
- 2 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 3 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 4 Trial date set for pair charged with detaining two people against their will
- 5 May 17: Newly refurbed Hollywood Bowl to reopen on Monday
- 6 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 7 Dog bitten in two places at attack in playing fields
- 8 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 9 Community rallies to help couple left out of pocket after pension money goes missing
- 10 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
“[In] the first couple of weeks [after the season ends] hopefully a lot more will be revealed and obviously I can find out a bit more and the club can find out a bit more.
“I don’t know what any of the offers are going to be. I think you have to take each one on its merits, you have to take offers on financial security, on ambition, you have to take basically what’s going to be right for you.
“For different people different things are going to be more important. I’m not quite sure what’s important for me yet.
“I think when the right offer comes along from whoever I’m sure that’s the one I’m going to take. I’d like to think that at this stage of my career I’d be able to make a good judgement of my ambitions going forward in terms of football and my future as well.”