Mousinho happy with quick start
JOHN Mousinho says the win over Burton Albion saw Boro produce their best start to a game for some time.
On Saturday, against Lincoln City, Boro had to come from behind to take all three points in a 2-1 win but they faced no such problems on Tuesday evening as Mousinho’s early strike put them ahead against Burton before adding a second late in the game to secure the win.
“It was a really good start,” Mousinho told The Comet.
“It was probably the most positive start we’ve had in a while. We really got on the front foot for the first 10 or 15 minutes and we were thoroughly good value for the goal.
“Maybe we sat off the game a bit after that and struggled to emulate the form we showed in the first 15 minutes but having the goal in the bank was certainly a positive step to build on.”
You may also want to watch:
Mousinho added to his early strike by putting away a penalty in the dying minutes of the game to ensure Boro took all three points, and the midfielder praised substitute Darren Murphy whose run at goal was cut short with a foul in the box which led to the spot kick seven minutes from time.
“It’s the third (penalty) I’ve taken this season and I’m just thankful that Murph showed that positivity and showed that creativity to get in there,” added the former Wycombe man.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
“I think it was a great little one-two with Ben May. Murph burst into the box, got in front of his man brilliantly and if you want your substitute to contribute then you’ve got to hold your hands up and say he was fantastic.
“The only thing, which was a shame for him but a positive for me, was that the man brought him down and he didn’t have the chance to finish it off.
“Obviously Murph will be a bit disappointed with that but his contribution in the 15 minutes he was on was immense.”